At The Haney Law Firm we know that hiring a lawyer is very stressful for businesses and for individuals. As a small, family-owned business we understand the importance of controlling costs. Our goal is to provide high quality legal services at an affordable price. That’s why we take extra steps to keep our overhead low so that we don’t have to charge exorbitant hourly rates or pass on hidden costs to our clients. But a low overhead does not mean low quality. We work hard to reach a reasonable resolution of every litigation matter that comes to us, but if a trial is necessary, we provide the high quality services you deserve to present your case to a judge or jury. Contact us to discuss whether we can meet your or your business’s needs.
The Haney Law Firm . . . because the fight is not always fair
Nature of litigation:
• Business litigation including breach of contract, tortious interference with contractual relations, business disparagement, business n egligence, shareholder oppression, and collection of past due accounts.
• Deceptive Trade Practice claims (for both plaintiffs and defendants) – helping people who have been ripped off by roofers, builders, surveyors, realtors, car dealers.
• Employment litigation (both plaintiffs and defendants), including sexual harassment, retaliation, employment discrimination and whistleblower litigation
• Legal malpractice
• Fraud and breach of fiduciary duty
• Probate and guardianship litigation
Homeowner and condominium owner organization representation:
• Enforcement of deed restrictions and covenants
• Collection of past due assessments and dues
• Business and breach of fiduciary duty litigation
• Revision of deed restrictions and covenants
• Advice as to duties and responsibilities of board members
• Advising boards as to responses to homeowner complaints and demands
General practice services:
• Small estate planning, including wills, living wills, designation of guardian in event of future disability, durable health care power of attorney and statutory health care power of attorney at affordable costs
• Real estate transactions
• Review and preparation of contracts
Susan also provides referrals to qualified attorneys in areas of law in which she does not practice. Susan has tried cases in Travis, Williamson, Nueces, Bexar, Bastrop, Hays and Harris Counties.